The Willmar Police Department is proud to offer to the community the Willmar Police Explorers Program. The program is comprised of youth aged 14 until 21 who have an interest in learning about law enforcement and what police officers do every day.
Explorers meet every second and fourth Monday of the month between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm. At the meetings, explorers learn from classroom and role-playing lessons taught by police officer advisors.
Some of the meetings include lessons on:
- Overview of the Criminal Justice System
- Use of Force and Defensive Tactics
- Live-Fire Handgun and Rifle Training
- Burglary In-Progress
- Crime Scene Investigations
- Building Searches and Arrest Tactics
- Low- and High-Risk Traffic Stops
- Domestic Crisis Intervention
- Emergency First Aid
- Crime Prevention and Community Policing
- Active Shooter Response
- Traffic Crash Investigation
Download the Willmar Police Explorer Application
The program is a great opportunity for any young person interested in a career in law enforcement, curious about the criminal justice system, or interested in involvement in community events in Willmar and the surrounding area. It’s also a great way to meet new friends and build a resume. Members are outfitted at no cost. Explorers also play an important role in many community events including Rockin’ Robbins, Willmar Fest, Polar Plunge, and many more.
For more information or to obtain an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explorer Post #3200 Recruitment Video