About the Dog Park
The Dog Park is a fenced area approximately 2.5 acres in size and located at Lions Park on the corner of Willmar Avenue and 22nd Street SW, near the Swansson Field Complex and Baker Field.
The park includes a large dog area, a small dog area, pet waste bags, and a trash container. A shelter area and water fountain (seasonal) are also located on-site.
The Dog Park is open daily from dusk to dawn.
The City of Willmar is not responsible for any injuries/damages to dogs or owners while using the off-leash dog park.
Off-Leash Dog Park Rules
- All dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated. Dogs must wear a collar displaying valid tags and identification at all times.
- Owners or handlers must be 16 years of age and are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by their dog(s).
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by a parent or guardian and not left unattended at the dog park. Children should be instructed about proper behavior around dogs: no running or screaming.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the dog park. No dog is to be off-leash in the parking lot or other park areas.
- Maximum of three dogs per owner or handler. Owners must remain with their dogs inside the fenced dog park areas at all times. Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Dogs under 4 months of age, unhealthy dogs, pregnant dogs, and female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dogs with a known history of aggressive behavior are prohibited. If your dog becomes unruly, please leash and remove your dog from the park at the first sign of aggression.
- No human food is allowed in the dog park as its presence may incite aggressive behavior.
- Alcohol and glass containers are not allowed in the park.
- Owners must clean up and dispose of all pet waste.
- Be courteous to other dog handlers and monitor dogs playing together. Cooperation between dog owners is expected, including keeping order and enforcing dog park rules.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- Dog licenses are available from City Offices - 333 SW 6th Street or your local vet.