Candidate filing period for the Election is May 19, through June 2, 2020. Any eligible person may become a candidate by filing an Affidavit of Candidacy form with the City Clerk at the City Office Building located at 333 SW 6th Street in Willmar. A fee of five ($5.00) dollars is to be paid at the time of filing. Notice of Filing
Due to COVID-19, the City asks that you complete the on-line form, print, have notarized, include a check for $5.00 and place in our "After Hours Drop Box" located on the South side of the City Office Building or mail to the above address. Download the Municipal Election and Campaign Manual for more information.
The Affidavit states the following:
- The residence of the candidate.
- That the candidate is a qualified voter in the City.
- The office for which the candidate is running.
- That the candidate has not filed for any other office at the same election.
- That the candidate’s name as it appears on the affidavit for ballot designation is the candidate’s true name or the name by which the candidate is commonly and generally known in the community.
A candidate may withdraw from the election by filing an Affidavit of Withdrawal form with the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m., June 4, 2020. Thereafter, no candidate may file an Affidavit of Withdrawal.
ELECTIONS & VOTING INFORMATION