This is your place for links to activities, education, and resources for both Adults & Seniors, and Youth during these uncertain times. Our goal is to provide direction to online resources that can promote mental wellbeing and help individuals to physically maintain healthy lives. Visit this page often or follow us on Facebook for new updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained, and informed.
Willmar Parks & Rec Home Page
SUMMER CATALOG RELEASED!
Summer programs and activities will be starting on June 22nd! See the Parks & Rec Catalog tab for details.
Summer 2020 Catalog
The City of Willmar Parks and Recreation Department is committed to the health and safety of our participants. We are following the Minnesota Department of Health guidelines closely, and are trying our best to offer programs for everyone.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Parks and Recreation Director, Rob Baumgarn, at email@example.com or 320-235-1454.
Please be patient and understanding with our staff, as we are all working through this together.
Moving with mayor marv 100 Miles in 100 days
Moving with Mayor Marv 100 Miles in 100 Days is a challenge to encourage you to move, while promoting a healthy lifestyle to individuals and families, enjoy the outdoors, and win prizes!
Go for a walk, a run, or a ride on your bike; there are numerous ways you can achieve your miles in this challenge! During this uncertain time, it is important to keep your mind and body moving as a way to stay healthy.
Are you ready for the challenge? Tag Selfies with #movingwithmayormarv100 for your chance to win prizes! The Challenge starts today, May 26th and runs through September 3, 2020.
STAY ACTIVE willmar
Although our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, our hope is that you will continue to stay healthy and active. We have put together some great resources with Adults & Seniors Activities and Youth Activities to help guide you to some interactive ways to keep you moving and having fun!
- Tai Chi YouTube Channel - This channel demonstrates and breaks down the art of Tai Chi.
- Do Yoga with Me - Great for all levels and experiences in the practice of yoga. Yoga is a great way to relieve stress, unwind, and create a renewed sense of being.
- Yoga with Adriene - A variety of yoga sessions, for all levels.
- Senior Fitness with Merideth - A wide variety of classes that require minimum to no equipment and incorporates items that can be used around the house.
- Home Workouts for Seniors
- Fitness Blender - Workout videos for every fitness level that can be done at home. All FREE!
- Go4Life Senior Exercises - Seven Exercises for Seniors
- Zumba - 30-minutes of high intense Zumba moves and music.
- Learn to Crochet
- Learn how to Hand Sew
- Make a Rug with Loop Yarn
- Start an Indoor Garden
- Learn how to play Solitaire
- Learn how to play Spades
- Teach yourself Origami
- Learn the basics of Calligraphy
- Make homemade Candles
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Google Virtual Tours
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
- San Diego Zoo Live Cams
- Travel the World with Google Earth
- Watch the International Space Station Live Stream
- Explore our Solar System with NASA's Eyes
- The Metropolitan of Art Tour
- Where to Watch 15 Broadway Musicals
- Metropolitan Opera
- TED Talks
- Live Stream Concerts
- Live Shows Under Quarantine
YOUTH RECREATION & LEARNING
- Variety of Activities
- Workout Videos
- Learning on YouTube
- Learning on PBS
- Busy Toddler Indoor Activities
- Health & Fitness
- Online Physical Education
- Tennis at Home
- Exercise Cards
- Travel Online
- San Diego Zoo Live Cam
- Travel the World with Google Earth
- Free Activities and Resources
- Online Books
- Meditation and Sleep Sounds