Robbins Island Regional Park
Robbins Island Regional Park is Willmar's largest park. At 55 acres in size, this recreational area is surrounded by Willmar Lake and Foot Lake. With its rolling hills forested by oak trees, trails that wind through the park, and shelters set in scenic areas, Robbins Island is a spacious destination for many types of outdoor activities.
A large, sandy swimming beach is found on the southwest corner of the park with lifeguards and bathroom facilities. Soccer is a popular recreation at the park, as is the 18-hole Disc Golf course which has played host to a number of tournaments.
On the east & west ends of the park you will find a public boat access for launching your boat into either Willmar Lake or Foot Lake and land peninsulas extending into the lakes providing ample shoreline for fishing.
Destination Playground is Robbins Island's newest amenity. At 19,000 square feet and the largest of its kind, this fully accessible playground makes it easy for those with disabilities to enjoy as well.
Amenities & Events
- Destination Playground
- Swimming Beach & Bathroom Facilities
- Shelters available for Reservation
- Hiking & Biking Trails
- Rockin' Robbins Summer Concert Series
- Playground Equipment
- Soccer Fields
- One Way Festival
- 18-hole Disc Golf Course
- Public Water Access
- Shore Fishing
- Celebrate the Light of the World Christmas Light Display
Robbins Island has a total of 7 shelters available to reserve from May 1 thru September 30. See the map below for locations of each shelter or click on the map for an interactive view on google maps.
- Enclosed Shelters – Guri Endresen, Leaf, Green and Hilltop – each have electricity and rent for $100 plus $50 damage deposit
- Open Shelters – Shelter #1 has electricity and rents for $32 plus the damage deposit. Shelter #2 and Lion’s Shelter have no electricity and rent for $20 plus the damage deposit.
- Download the Shelter Rental Request Form to reserve a Park Shelter.