Permit Center

Permit Center

The Permit Center is a one-stop-shop resource for citizens of Willmar to access Permits for a variety of projects and needs. Several of our Permit Applications, Fees and Forms are available online here in our Permit Center or all of these documents and more can be picked up at City Hall.

rsz_1home_construction_permits_text_adobestock_101737591Before beginning your project, an application must be submitted for approval to the City of Willmar. Forms must be filled out and returned to:
Willmar City Offices | PO Box 755 | 333 6th St SW | Willmar, MN 56201
Phone: (320) 235-4913 | Fax: (320) 235-4917

rsz_events_permits_adobestock_120486171_with_textThe City of Willmar supports special events and believes that events enhance the vitality, quality of life, and economic prosperity of the community. Special events are important for the growth of the city's current tourism base and attract new visitors which adds to the local quality of life.

rsz_pests_shoot_permit_adobestock_88434914_with_textCitizens of Willmar may obtain a permit to shoot certain pests within the City of Willmar. Commonly referred to as a “pest permit”, this permit only allows a citizen the ability to discharge a firearm within city limits, which is otherwise prohibited

rsz_pet_license_permits_adobestock_127262156_with_textThe City of Willmar recognizes the desire to keep or maintain exotic, domesticated, and a variety other animals, besides cats and dogs.  These animals are closely regulated within city limits. 

rsz_adobe_stock-photo-vintage-or-old-portable-sign_with_printThe City of Willmar regulates signage throughout the community. 
Zoning Ordanances have been established to  enhance the aesthetic environment and protect the safety of the residents. These standards permit businesses a reasonable and equitable opportunity to advertise their name and service while preserving civic beauty.

rsz_sump_pump_permit_adobestock_113660076_with_textAny property owner whose sump pump discharges ground water accumulations during the winter months may apply for a permit allowing the sump pump to discharge into the sanitary sewer system during the months of November, December, January, February and March of each year.

 Fee Schedule

rsz_fee_schedule_adobestock_92065274_with_textThe City Council adopts an annual Fee Schedule outlining fees for city services. The City Clerk typically presents the Fee Schedule to the Council through an ordinance that sets all city fees. It is periodically updated throughout the year.


Haven't found the application you're looking for? Check the Miscellaneous section for permits from Coin Operated Machines to Taxicab Services. Still can't find what you're looking for? Contact City Offfices via Phone: (320) 235-4913 or Email.