Boards & Commissions
SERVE ON A BOARD
The City of Willmar has a number of boards and commissions which provide guidance to the City Council on various topics and issues. Board & Commission members are volunteers appointed by the City Council following an application process. Members typically serve three-year terms that begin on January 1. Citizens are encouraged to apply for a Board or Commission opening using our online application system.
- Serving on a board, commission, or committee is an opportunity for you to participate in local government and serve your community.
- You may want to start by attending a meeting of the body to which you are considering applying.
- Term Length: Most members are appointed to serve, without pay, for three-year terms.
- Time Commitment: Bodies meet with different frequencies, but typically once a month. Some may require more than one meeting a month in certain circumstances. Additional time may be needed to prepare for each meeting.
- Boards, commissions, and committees act under the policies and ordinances of the City Council.
|Board or committee NAME|
|County/City Economic Development Commission|
|Pioneerland Library System|
|Willmar Citizens Cable Advisory Committee|
|Zoning Appeals Board|
Documents & More
Board & Commission Agendas, Minutes, and other information are available online as provided.
To view these files visit Agendas | Minutes | Videos and select a specific year from the sidebar to the left.
Visit the City Calendar for a schedule of upcoming City Council meetings.